Saturday, June 27, 2009

Piera Jolly has a Jolly Good Time Reviewing Skin Free Skincare

Piera Jolly over at Jolly Mom was kind enough to review some of our Skin Free products for Blemish Prone Skin.

One of the realties that adult women have to face is that the acne they thought they left behind them can flare up when hormone levels shift. We all know how frustrating it is to have blemishes! Many of my clients asked me to make some acne products, but I was hesitant to do so. There were just so many acne products out there that I didn't want to add more unless they offered something better than the norm.

As an experimental chemist, cook, and painter (aren't they all basically the same?), I often get ideas about mixing up something new. Sometimes, I just take an existing idea and try to improve on it. That's how Skin Free Niaouli Scrub was born! I really liked our Sweet and Smooth Sugar Scrub, so that became the base. Then I added a really fine cosmetic grade pumice to get deep into blocked pores. Organic Niaouli essential oil offered the antiseptic moeity to fight infection. Then I blended everything together with Skin Free Extra Moisturizing Liquid Soap.

When I tried my new concoction, my face felt so velvety and clean, I just knew I had a winner! The beauty is that you have a one step product that exfoliates, washes, moisturizes and medicates your skin at the same time. I think exfoliating your skin is important for all women to prevent breakouts.

Acne starts as a clogged pore. Then it gets infected and swells and it's downhill from there. You can read Piera's experience with the Niaouli Scrub for Blemish Prone Skin here.

Piera also tried the Skin Free green Clay Mask for Blemish Prone Skin Most people love this stuff, but I have to tell you I never use it. It just doesn't appeal to me. However, I would be in big trouble if I stopped making it for my clients who love it. I may even have to make a different kind of clay mask for people with extra sensitive skin. Why not? Piera is one of those who loves the mask. See what she says about it here.

The third product that Piera tried was the Skin Free Corrective Face Nectar. She was very happy with the results she got. She calls it her "little magic potion". See what else she says about it here.

It makes me so happy when people like my products! Why don't you try some and make me happy, too!

PS: i really need to apologise to Piera for overlooking her post in a timely fashion. She hosted a giveaway, but it's already closed. Unfortunately, her emails were going to an address that I don't read every day. SORRY PIERA!! You did a wonderful job. It was an accident, I promise :)) Julie

No comments: